Wednesday, August 17, 2011

All The Way For You

When I listen to certain music, it affects me so much that I have an irresistable urge to share it. Most of what I listen to is heavy, deep, and dark, and given my life circumstances, you can probably understand why that would appeal to me. Every now and then a group catches my ear, and they are so unique, so talented, so versatile that I feel it my duty almost to share.

I've posted videos from Poets of the Fall before. This particular song illustrates their flexibility and creativity. I love music that tantalizes in one direction and then shocks by becoming something different, and All The Way/4U is a perfect example.

You think you are being lulled into something soft, mellow, and calm, but just wait and they will surprise you. Doesn't everyone crave to be loved the way POTF describe here? Just close your eyes and let the sound wash over you.



These guys' music is REAL. Alive and vigorous. Haunting and exhilarating. Everything else pales in comparison.


No comments:

Post a Comment