Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Faith in the journey



Faith in the journey. One of the hardest things for us humans to accept...when I started out on this journey, it was because I was weak. I thought if I attacked my weaknesses head on, I might be able to become strong--not the other way around. My most glaring weaknesses--vulnerability, blind trust, and naivete--got me into situations...however, looking back, the situations pushed me to grow, opened my eyes, and granted me sagacity. I have even allowed myself to retain a portion of my weaknesses, because, you know, I was born that way. We are all blindly trusting and physically vulnerable when we first enter the world. It is our natural state in the very beginning. I honor that and wish to keep that supreme closeness to God alive, all the while learning to protect and care for myself in this harsh world.




No comments:

Post a Comment