Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where do I go from here?

Alright, after I reached the point where most substances were toxic to me,  and after numerous visits to conventional and alternative doctors (over a period of about two years), I began to understand. My immune system was barely functioning, my cortisol was in the dangerously high range, and my other hormones were at abnormal levels.  At that point, that I had a choice: continue as is or save myself. Get rid of the source of the anxiety or continue to deteriorate. I had to think long and hard about that. I didn't think I was worth saving in any case, but I was feeling absolutely terrible. I really didn't want to feel this way any longer. So, with the help of my wonderful therapist, I cut contact. I did it.

It made a world of difference in my life. It also left a huge gap that, a few years later, I started to fill with a sex and love addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment