Thursday, February 2, 2012

Great adventures!

I am returning to Europe at last! I am so excited, I can hardly sit still, even though it's eight months away! I was planning to attend a conference in New York City and then some colleagues brought this conference to my attention, with the sentiment: "Why would you go to New York when you can go to LONDON!!!" But OF COURSE!  So, I spoke with a friend of mine in London, who recommended a quaint, cozy hotel in the center of everything..BOOKED! This is going to be amazing--I don't want to say much about what my field of expertise is to preserve anonymity, but this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time! It's a personal hobby, but I take it very seriously; all of us in this field do. I'm going to be hobnobbing with all sorts of "famous" people, (in a way), how fun! DH will come with me if he can, but I secretly believe he'd be just as happy having a week of father-daughter time without me : )

Oh, I have missed Europe. My husband might have to search for me, as I may not return of my own volition.

So, this has been a good week so far. And tomorrow's Friday. One day until my rendezvous...we've gone completely silent now. It's part of the ritual. And when I arrive on his doorstep, he's going to wait an unbearably long time to open the door, and probably watch me squirm uncomfortably from the peephole...that's how it begins, at least from experience. Last time, he must have been laughing at me, as I burst my way into his hallway and immediately jumped him. He didn't stop me though, although he promised to this time : ) This is going to be grand fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment