Tuesday, October 18, 2011

God gives and takes away...

I just have to share; I'm excited! This seems to be a pattern with me--when I give someone up, God replaces him with someone to keep me motivated on my journey to Him. The background: when I moved to take this job, I had to leave the church I loved, where I was baptized, and the pastor whose words opened my heart to Jesus. Then, two years later, my pastor left the area to plant another church. Truly, I should have lost touch after both of those changes, but we managed to keep in touch via Facebook for all this time, and he wrote me that he was coming up to this area and although didn't have time to stop, he will be back to visit with me! I can't tell you how much that means to me. My pastor has a million friends and followers, new projects and interests, but he wants to make time for ME! I haven't been able to find another church or pastor so far that fits like ------ Church did, yet.  I am still as dedicated as ever, BUT this really, really helps!

God gives and takes away. 

So simple, yet so profound.

His love endures forever.

 Even for sinners like me.



No comments:

Post a Comment