Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Good news for a change

It's 3am and I can't sleep. I feel very blessed right now-this PPD support group I tried out is absolutely perfect. Exactly what I need. Compassionate moderators, understanding participants, resources that I've desperately needed. A place to cry and express the unsayable without judgment. A warm community of women of all different ages, and we are all experiencing the same thing! I've missed this kind of companionship. I feel so much better just having listened and been heard.

I asked, and God provided, in His own time, yet again.

Not only that, and it would have been more than enough, but dh got an incredible annual review and a substantial raise. Very unexpected in this time of fiscal austerity, and very welcome. We don't have to worry about money so much; that's a huge relief.

When my daughter returned to her daycare today, we found it completely changed for the worse. And yet again, the timing was perfect, for today I signed a contract for a new home daycare that will be so much better for her. Our doctor had told us two weeks ago to get her out of the old one, and a connection of mine recommended her sons' daycare, and there was one opening. Perfect. My pastor was right : ) God is there and opens up the door when needed-not when wanted. I guess God wanted me to experience and learn a lot before deciding these lessons were finished, as usual.

I am grateful. Lost sleep is no big deal in the face of these huge blessings!

2 comments:

  1. I've had you on my mind after reading a few posts ago about your struggle to deal with your crying infant, and I want you to know that I think you are incredibly brave to share your journey and to break the cycle. I found a bit in Alice Miller's book "The Truth Will Set You Free" that was something that might be valuable to you. The passage was about Alice Miller's advice to young mothers who find themselves slapping or yelling at their children - and her advice to these mothers was that the most important part of breaking the cycle is admitting your mistake to your child and never telling your child you hurt them for their own good. That alone is the key to breaking the cycle, not perfection. You were probably treated with yells and slaps as a child, so don't be too hard on yourself for going through this painful process and making mistakes - you are only human. The important part is to give your child a voice, to respect your child as a person - you will break the cycle giving your child these gifts.

    Sending lots of love and support to you as you become the mother you yourself deserved as a child, and offer your child the love he/she so needs.

    xoxox
    upsi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, upsi, your kind and WISE words are such a blessing. I know now that my own mother was very unhappy when I was an infant, and I now understand and have more compassion--and I'm trying to have compassion for myself, too. I do completely respect my daughter as a person, and I want to remember what you've said because the frustration will, of course, happen again.

    Your response means a lot to me xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete