Thursday, January 5, 2012

Medley...

I love discovering music, and I love to share. I tend to force music on people, though, I've realized. I will send them songs or be overly emotional or sappy about certain songs...so in order to curb this restless instinct, I'm posting music here. That way, readers, you can take it or leave it and I'm not pushing anything on you. Some songs bring up a rush of emotion so powerful I almost need to share and I figure this blog is a good a place as any to noninvasively share.

I don't know why this Gothic and symphonic metal and music hailing from northern Europe is so potent for me right now, and has been for the past year. It seems that the older I get, the darker and wilder my taste in music gets--shouldn't the opposite be happening? Some of these German bands are downright scary though, so much pent up anger...I'm much more comfortable with the symphonic ballads of the Finns...

But first, POTF....and yes, I have a massive crush on the lead singer. His voice is HOT, and so is the rest of him...honestly, I think I got really lucky here--my lover reminds me a bit of him : ) A military Marko...and the black cuffs he wears on his wrists, oh man. Okay, here are two videos, the first is more typical POTF, the second is a wild departure, but wow, I love it! 



Next, let's see, ah, the song my designer colleague and I yell at each other daily: Du Hast, Rammestein.


Epica--I love how these bands combine some folk, metal, and operatic themes. This is the most creative music; we really don't have anything like these artists in the United States. <swoon>



 And something traditional to top it off. Nightwish ROCKS! They are so versatile. If only I'd known about the hidden talent in Finalnd when I was living in Scandinavia. Being an immigrant myself, I believed the biased words of the Swedes : ) I still love the Swedes, though. Scandinavians in general have a special place in my heart.



Of course, I can't stop there! One more--Jerico by Subway to Sally. Middle Eastern flavor metal. My ears are so happy : )



No comments:

Post a Comment