Monday, November 7, 2011

Mellow but joyful. Imagine that!

I can't believe how mellow life has become. Very routinized. Work, pick up daughter, play with daughter, clean up, wolf down something to eat, start the before bed routine, eventually settle daughter down, spend ten minutes wolfing down more food with husband, crawl into bed and cuddle with daughter...then maybe a little online chat to bring up my adrenaline level or playing Words with Friends or checking Facebook from the iphone before my standard 4-5 hours of sleep. Wow, what a life. So exciting (smell the sarcasm there???). But I am happy, for some inexplicable reason. Maybe it's a deep hole inside that has been filled. Or my newly found orderliness and focus on the day-to-day necessities. No time to be depressed or sad or angry.

I probably sound like a broken record right about now (hm, does anyone even understand that metaphor anymore???), I keep repeating myself. I can't help it; I'm awed by what God is doing and HAS BEEN doing in my life all these years. Even the death of my beloved cat. Did I ever say that the first morning after he died, we found chicken bones scattered all over the kitchen floor? Dh and I burst into tears--was it possible that our little furry guy's spirit had returned to make us laugh one last time?  It was such a HIM thing to happen.

I mean think about all of it: sickness, depression, addiction--->therapy and 12-step rooms and a couple of rock bottoms---->getting career on track--->being offered an amazing job and moving--->PREGNANT--->healthy, joyful daughter who makes us beam with pleasure and pride and nothing else really matters. This is only the beginning of the story, but a hell of a lot has happened so far. And so many incredible human beings surround me with love of all different sorts. As one person I like very much says with such gusto, "WOW."

No comments:

Post a Comment